The tower simulator uses the Simconnect API to connect and display traffic, weather and effects in Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D 1.4 and 2.x, and Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X software.
- Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D 1.4+ or Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X SP2
- AI Traffic package for model and livery (only Ultimate Traffic 2 and MyTraffic 5.4c has been tested)
- Effects package – included with installation (optional – will add engine fire, engine smoke, crash explosion and aircraft lights)
- AI Traffic package needs to be obtained separately and installed according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- (optional) In the EuroScope installation location (by default
C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope) find the compressed folder named “
ATCOsim_Effects_v1.zip“. Uncompress it and move the folder “
ATCOsim_Effects” into your flight simulator
SimObjects\Airplanes folder(for Flight Simulator X by default it is “
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes“).
- From your EuroScope installation location run “
- Press Browse next to Aircraft definition folder and select the folder containing the AI Traffic package (i.e. “
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft\“).
- Next for accurate weather generation complete the general location of the airport you will view at METAR center latitude and longitude
- For accurate touchdown at the altitude field type the airport elevation.
- Close the EuroScopeFsxConnector. Nota bene: to close you must first disconnect from both FSX and FSD servers. Press Disconnect on both and press the Exit button below. The Windows X button will not work.
- Start simulator and select the airport location. Select Clear Weather for weather and turn off AI traffic.
- Run EuroScopeFsxConnector. If you are running the server on the same computer
- Start EuroScopeFsdServer.exe from your EuroScope installation location.
- Select the scenario file by pressing Browse. Or you can leave it blank and build one in the new Scenario Editor.
- Start EuroScope. On the Connect popup type the server address (“localhost” if on the same computer), select Non-VATSIM server checkbox below, Select Connection Mode as Start Sweatbox Simulator session. You can leave the Simulator Scenario file field blank. Or alternatively you can load the scenario from here instead of from the server if you are not using a distributed session. Choose the intended callsign and Connect.
- Refer to Using the simulator manual page to use the simulator. Any aircraft activity will be displayed in the Flight Simulator.
- The EuroScopeFsxConnector can only be closed after you first disconnect from both FSX and FSD servers. Press Disconnect on both and press the Exit button below. The Windows X button will not work.
- Prepar3D has a new feature called Observer Management in the View menu where you can create accurately positioned views anywhere in the world. Obtain the tower coordinates and altitude and Create New Observer. Use a higher horizontal field of view (between 90 and 135) in order to have better coverage on a single monitor. Lock the Field-of-view (H) and press Apply Display Aspect Ratio to automatically calculate the vertical field of view. Save, select the created view and adjust to taste.